Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) Settings
Two-factor authentication is a security mechanism that requires two types of credentials for authentication and is designed to provide an additional layer of validation, minimizing security breaches.
Administrator enables the below multifactor authentication to the appropriate users.
By default, Email is enabled for the users.
Go to Administrator Dashboard -> Multifactor settings -> “MFA Settings”.
The users can see the activated options on their profile settings UI (of your business portal), and they can configure one or more of the authentication methods they prefer. An example of how this appears on a sample portal is shown here:
How does cidaas implement Multifactor Authentication
Cidaas supports the below methods of implementing Multifactor Authentication:
1. Email: A six-digit verification code is sent to the user's registered email address.
2. SMS: A six-digit verification code is sent to the user's registered mobile number address.
3. TouchID: Touch ID, which allows users to authenticate with their fingerprint (biometric authentication).
4. Pattern: Pattern authentication is when user preferred to draw a pattern password between the nodes to open the lock in lieu of entering an alphanumeric password.
5. Smart Push: A push notification is a message that popup on a mobile device. App publishers can send them at any time; users don't have to be in the app or using their devices to receive them.
6. Voice: Voice authentication relies on a person's unique voice patterns for identification to gain access.
7. Face: Push template use Face to recognize the authentication.
8. TOTP: TOTP is a time-based one-time password (TOTP) is a temporary passcode, generated by an algorithm, use to authenticate access to systems/device.
9. Backup Code: Backup Code is used when a user lost the mobile device and cannot receive verification codes via SMS, voice call, or cidaas authenticator app, then the backup codes is used to sign in.
10. IVR: IVR uses prerecorded and dynamically generated audio to interact with customers.
11. FIDOU2F: Once the Administrator enables the multifactor authentication, the user’s login to their account and the enabled authentication mode get displayed under the user’s Physical Verification Setup
Based on the appropriate _authentication _mode user configure the authentication method (multiple authentication mode can be configured).