Configuration steps to add Twitter as a Social Provider
You need to set up your application to work with Twitter. We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Create a Twitter application
2. Provide the required information. For Callback URL, enter the below
3. Agree to the Developer Agreement and click on Create your Twitter Application.
4. Once the app is created, go to the Settings tab and verify that the Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter option is selected.
Note: By default, Twitter requires users to re-authorize their application permissions at every sign in. If you don't want users to have to re-authorize, please click on the Settings tab and enable the “Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter” setting.
Get your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
5. Your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret will be displayed in the Keys and Access Tokens tab of your app on Twitter.
6. Click on the Permissions tab. Use the values shown here to update the Application Type section and save your changes.
Access: Read and Write.
Copy your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret in cidaas
7. Copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret from your app's Keys and Access Tokens tab
8. Now, go to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Social Providers and select the Twitter app from the menu and paste the copied Consumer Key and Consumer Secret to respective text fields.
9. The option to use social logins can be provided on Login and Registration pages. A separate enable option is available to specify where you want the (Twitter) Social Login option to be shown, i.e., in User Portal or on Administrator portal
10. After selecting all the required details, Cclick on SAVE Button.
Enabling the Read, Write and Access direct messages permission with this setting enabled will cause your application to not receive the direct message permission for new users.