Configuration steps to add Twitter as a Social Provider
You need to set up your application to work with Twitter. We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Create a Twitter application
2. Provide the required information. For Callback URL, enter
3. Agree to the Developer Agreement and click on Create your Twitter Application.
4. Once the app is created, go to the Settings tab and verify that the Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter option is selected.
Get your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
5. Your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret will be displayed in the Keys and Access Tokens tab of your app on Twitter.
6. Click on the Permissions tab. Use the values shown here to update the Application Type section and save your changes.
Access: Read and Write.
7. By default, Twitter requires users to re-authorize your application permissions on every sign in. If you don't want users to have to re-authorize, please click on the Settings tab and enable the Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter setting.
Copy your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret in cidaas
8. Copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret from your app's Keys and Access Tokens tab on Twitter into the fields on this page on cidaas.
9. Now, go to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Social Providers and select the Twitter app from the menu and paste the copied Consumer Key and Consumer Secret to respective text fields.
10. We can use Twitter provider in user portal or the cidaas admin portal, It can be shown on Login and Register pages. To do that, there is separate enable option to specify whethere you want Twitter provider in User Portal or on Administrator portal.
11. Click on SAVE Button.
Enabling the Read, Write and Access direct messages permission with this setting enabled will cause your application to not receive the direct message permission for new users.