Configuration steps to add Salesforce as a Social Provider
You need to set up your application to work with Salesforce. We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Login to a Salesforce developer portal
1. You'll need a Salesforce Developer account. After signing in, click on your name seen on the upper right and choose Setup.
2. In the left navigation panel (under Create) choose Apps
3. Click on New Connected Apps window seen on the top right corner.
4. On the screen that is displayed, enter the required basic information (Connected App Name, API Name and Contact Email).
5. Select Enable OAuth Settings under API (Enable OAuth Settings).
6. Enter your callback URL:
URL: https://your_cidaas_baseurl /login-srv/social/callback/salesforce
7. Add the following scopes from the available OAuth scopes:
- Access and manage your data (api).
- Access your basic information (id, profile, email, address, phone)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
8.. Click on Save Button.
Developer Name: Current Salesforce limitations require that you do not have any spaces in your name.
Once your app is registered, the page will display your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret as shown below:.
If you want to view the Consumer Secret just click on “click to reveal” hyperlink
9. . Copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret that are displayed. 10.Now, go to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Social Providers. Select the Salesforce app from the menu and paste the copied Consumer Key and Consumer Secret to respective text fields.
10. The option to use social logins can be provided on Login and Registration pages. A separate enable option is available to specify where you want the (Salesforce) Social Login option to be shown, i.e., in User Portal or on Administrator portal.
11. After selecting all the required details, click on SAVE Button.