Configuration steps to add Salesforce as a Social Provider
You need to set up your application to work with Salesforce. We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Login to a Salesforce developer portal
1. You'll need a Salesforce Developer account. After signing in, click on your name in the upper right and choose Setup.
Register a New App
2. In the left navigation panel (under Create) choose Apps
3. Click on New in the Connected Apps window.
If you haven't already done so, you will need to create a namespace prefix. A link to do so will show up on the top of this page if you don't have one.
4. Enter the required basic information (Connected App Name, API Name and Contact Email).
5. Select Enable OAuth Settings under API (Enable OAuth Settings).
6. Enter your callback URL: https://your_cidaas_baseurl /login-srv/social/callback/salesforce
7. Add Access your basic information to the Selected OAuth Scopes.
- Access and manage your data (api).
- Access your basic information (id, profile, email, address, phone)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
8.. Click on Save Button.
Developer Name: Current Salesforce limitations require that you do not have any spaces in your name.
Get your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
Once your app is registered, the page will display your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
if you want to show Consumer Secret just click to reveal hyperlink.
Copy your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
9. Copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret from the Developer Applications of your app on Salesforce into the fields on this page on cidaas.
10.Now, go to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Social Providers and select the Salesforce app from the menu and paste the copied Consumer Key and Consumer Secret to respective text fields.
11. We can use Salesforce provider in user portal or the cidaas admin portal, It can be shown on Login and Register pages. To do that, there is separate enable option to specify whethere you want Salesforce provider in User Portal or on Administrator portal.
12. Click on Save button.