Configuring PayPal as a Social Provider
In this section, we will show you how to provide an option to login with paypal login, on your cidaas Login page.
Configure your login page with social providers
When you configure PayPal as a social provider in cidaas, you will get a new option called Login with PayPal in the login page of your cidaas application and Signup with PayPal in the registration page of your cidaas application.
Overall process would be
- On cidaas : Get Redirect URL for PayPal from cidaas
- On PayPal : Create new app in your PayPal developer account
- On PayPal : Get client id and client secret from PayPal
- On PayPal : Add cidaas Redirect URL to your PayPal developer account
- On cidaas : Add PayPal client id and client secret in cidaas application
- On cidaas : Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable PayPal as a social provider
We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Get Redirect URL for PayPal from cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to collect Redirect URL from cidaas, which is needed to configure your PayPal app.
1. Logon to cidaas Admin portal. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers.
2. Click on edit icon corresponding to the PayPal app from the list.
3. In the screen displayed, you can find a section called Configurations Steps for PayPal App which will show the Redirect URL.
Make note of this Redirect URL
Create new app in PayPal developer console
If you are in this section, we assume you already have an active PayPal developer account, if not create a new account, before proceeding.
1. Login to your PayPal developer account.
2. Navigate to My apps & Credential Page.
3. Select Live tab and under REST API apps section, click on the Create App button to create your app.
4. In create new app page, enter required details and click on Create App button.
Get client id and client secret from PayPal
1. Once your app is created, you will get client ID and client secret. Copy/Make note of this client id and client secret. You can use those details in in your cidaas application to configure social login provider.
2. Now scroll down, and enter the redirect url which you obtained from cidaas admin portal.
3. Then, enable other settings in PayPal app section to get customer information. Click on Save button to update your changes.
Configure social provider setup in cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to add PayPal client id and client secret in your cidaas application and how to choose client applications for which you want to enable PayPal as a social provider.
1. Now, go to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers and click on Social Providers
2. Click on the edit icon corresponding to the PayPal from the list.
3. Paste the copied client id and client secret to the respective text fields. Select the Permissions for each of the features that you want to allow your app to access. You can also enable/disable PayPal in cidaas admin portal as well as user portal as per your requirement. Click on Save button.
4. Under Configure Clients for PayPal section, you find a list of various applications created in your cidaas account. Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable PayPal as a social provider.