Configuration steps to add GitHub as a Social Provider
You need to set up your application to work with Github. We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Add a new application
Register your new app
1. On the Register a new application page fill out the form with the following information
|Application name||The name of your app|
|Application description||The description of your app users will see (Optional)|
|Authorization callback URL||https://your_cidaas_domain/oauth2-social-service/callback/github|
2. After completing the form, click on “Register Application” to proceed.
Get your GitHub app's Client ID and Client Secret
3. Once the application is registered, your app's Client ID and Client Secret will be displayed on the following page:
Copy your GitHub app's Client ID and Client Secret
4. Copy the Client ID and Client Secret that are displayed.
5.Now go to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Social Login. Select the GitHub app from the menu and paste the copied Client ID and Client Secret to the respective text fields.
6. The option to use social logins can be provided on Login and Registration pages. A separate enable option is available to specify where you want the (GitHub) Social Login option to be shown, i.e., in User Portal or on Administrator portal.
7. After selecting all the required details, click on SAVE Button