Configuration steps to add Facebook as a Social Provider
You need to set up your application to work with Facebook. We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Login to Facebook Developers
2. Allow Developer access to your account if prompted. Select Add a New App from the dropdown (upper right-hand side)
Name your application
1. Provide a display name for your App and required contact email as shown in the screen below:
2. Click Create APP ID button, the security check screen gets displayed.
3. Enter the text in the given box and click on Submit button.
Setup Facebook Login
1. On the Product Setup page that follows, click on Setup under Facebook Login
2. To get started, select the platform for this app. For example (Web)
3. Upon giving required details and clicking on save, the Quick start page for Facebook Login appears. Under the Facebook Login menu, on the left navigation pane, click on settings to open the client cidaas settings page
4. Enter the following URL in the Valid OAuth redirect URIs field
5. Click on Save Changes.
Make your App Public
1. Next, click on App Review on the left navigation pane. On the top of the page, “Make (Your App Name) App public?” is displayed along with a slider.
2. Click to move the slider to Yes.
Get your App ID and App Secret
1. Fill the privacy, terms and condition and domain urls in the Settings -> Basic section
2. Enable the app for the production use. (Move the slider as highlighted in the image below to “yes”)
3. Choose the relevant category in the pop-up window that is displayed and click on “Continue”.
4. Choose the relevant category in the pop-up window that is displayed and click on “Continue”.
5. Click on Show to reveal the App Secret (you may be required to re-enter your Facebook password).
6. Copy the App ID and App Secret from the Settings of your app on Facebook.
7. Now, go to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Social Providers and select the Facebook app from the menu and paste the copied App ID and App Secret to the respective text fields.
8. Select the Permissions for each of the features you want to allow your app to access.
9. Social Logins can be used in user portals or in the cidaas admin portal. The option to use social logins can be provided on Login and Registration pages. A separate enable option is available to specify where you want (Facebook) Social Login option to be shown, i.e., in User Portal or on Administrator portal.
10. After selecting all the required details, click on Save Button.